Berkshire Film and Media Collaborative’s Community Film Fund (CFF) is being established to provide funding to local non-profit organizations to produce high-quality, message driven videos for their programs, branding, fundraising, marketing and social media. The CFF will “match” monies up to $5000 per organization. A letter stating that the funds have been raised is a requirement with the grant application. We believe the Community Film Fund will help give a voice through video to our local organizations as well as create jobs for our local filmmakers.
Grants will be accepted on a rolling basis until the money for this first round has been utilized. Grants will be reviewed by a selection committee and notifications will be sent within 4 weeks of submission.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION:
- You must be a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- This first round will be for organizations with annual budgets of $600,000 or less
- Provide a letter of confirmation (from the Executive Director or Board Chair) stating you have raised the matching funds
- Grant requests should be for no less than $1,500. (if filming/editing) and $500 (if editing only), but not more than $5,000.
- Provide a detailed timeline for the project (video must be completed within one year of receiving funds)
- Credit BFMC’s Community Film Fund as a funder of the video in any promotional materials
- Read our suggested steps to creating a film/video project.
- Provide BFMC with a copy of the finished product for us to share on our website
- Submit a short grant report upon completion of the video